Nickerson is looking to hire a new librarian. The library is open 30 hours/week. Pay is dependent on skills and experience (range: $8.50-10.00/hr)
High school diploma or equivalent required and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
The job description is attached but a basic list of duties is below.
- Check books in and out
- Continue to expand the selection of books, movies, audiobooks, and other items in the collection
- Provide a friendly, hospitable atmosphere to library patrons
- Provide basic tech support for the public computers and patron e-reading devices
- Organize programs including story time for children, summer reading programs for children and adults, book clubs, and fundraising events
- Process payroll each month
- Write checks and keep financial records each month
- Process and pay taxes once a quarter and annually
- Attend quarterly Board and Friends meetings
- Make sure Board by-laws and policies are up to date and relevant to library activity
- Make recommendations to the Board for new members and attend City Council meetings to gain approval for new members
- Maintain SCKLS rotating books collection
- Order books through interlibrary loan programs for patrons
Applicants must turn in both a resume and application to the library by Friday, July 6, at 3pm. This can be done in person or through mail.